A Night Of Anticipation

Morgan Ottman, Staff Writer

A night that every upperclassmen looks forward to is Senior Recognition Night, but what makes it so special?  Wednesday, May 24, 2017 was the night that the accomplishments of our graduating seniors and some of our ambitious juniors were acknowledged.  Though commonly known for the distribution of scholarships, this event offered up recognition for academics, arts, athletics, and extracurriculars.

Opening up the evening that so many had been looking forward to was Mr. Goral. Congratulations were given to all students who had earned either an award or a scholarship.  Although athletics are important to education and offer further learning paths, academic recognition was given first.  Some of these awards included academic excellence, national merit, community service cords, and national honor society cords.  Among those receiving some of these awards was senior Morgan Richter.  Richter felt that the ceremony “was a special way to be recognized.”  Additionally, the Badger Boys and Girls State participants were acknowledged including Zach Gromwell, Jack Leibham, and Bradlee Barger.  When asked about what he’s excited about in regards to his participation in Badger Boys, Jack Leibham says, “I’m looking forward to learning more about our government and how to participate in it.  I’m also looking forward to meeting new people from around the state.”  This experience will help shape them into leaders that may help them to earn  financial help in the future.

Continuing the ceremony, athletic achievements were announced, starting with the 1000 point awards.  This recognition advanced to WIAA Scholar Athletes, Senior Male and Female Athletes of the Year, Female and Male Athletes of the Year, Athletic Department Service Award and finally the Coach of the Year Award.  It was an honor for coach and teacher Mr. Jagow to be announced Coach of the year by 2016 graduate Tyler Beeck.  

With the conclusion of athletic recognition, came the start of what the audience had been waiting for, the scholarships.  Each scholarship was presented by a member of the scholarship’s nominee, including a family member, board member, or a representative from our school.  Scholarships of every shape, size, and dollar amount were given with amounts ranging from $500 for one year to a full ride over the course of four years.  These same awards recognized academic prowess as well as community involvement and academic interests.   “I was grateful that a member of the community recognized my achievements throughout high school and saw potential in me.  Their contribution will assist me in funding my future education,” says Brianna Kaderabek.  Although not everyone was awarded large amounts of financial aid, the awards that were received were definitely appreciated.  Morgan Richter feels “any amount is a big help for college and I am thankful for any amount.”

Senior Recognition Night offered acknowledgement of our upperclassmen with emphasis on the graduating seniors.  While not every senior was present or received an award either for academics, athletics, or of financial aid, the talent and ambitions of our seniors of the class of 2017 were recognized and congratulated.  Thank you seniors!

• Features

Fleurette

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Think of Summer

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Inspirational Quote Of The Week

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Song Of The Week

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Song Of The Week

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Inspirational Quote Of The Week

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Book Review: I Survived The Attacks Of September 11, 2001

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Song Of The Week

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Inspirational Quote Of The Week

• A Night Of Anticipation

Arts & Entertainment

Song Of The Week

A Night Of Anticipation