Innovation Design Center

Alyssa De Fere, Co-Editor

On October 13th, a ribbon cutting and open house took place at the high school for the Innovation Design Center.  The Sheboygan Falls High School is the first school in the country to own and use the new technology and workspace.  The technology allows students to have more hands on learning and to build STEM related projects in shop classes and clubs, such as CAD and Robotics.  Next fall, students will also be able to take an Engineering, as well as a Computer Aided Design class.

Mr. Ed Hughes designed the new workshop so that the students and team members would be able to work with as few complications as possible.  After hearing from behalf of the school board, State Superintendent, Dr. Tony Evers and US Representative, Glenn Grothman, Mr. Luke Goral closed the ceremony with the ribbon cutting.

This event gave other classes and clubs an opportunity to show off their skills and what they have accomplished as well.  Seniors in Culinary 3 prepared appetizers and beverages to serve to the guests after the ceremony.  These students are: Rachel Lee, Randall Moyer, Kayla Olson, Rebecca Swoverland, Tracy Weyer, and Anthony Xiong.

FFA members, Megan Austreng and Amber Pashley, sold freshly made honey (that was produced on school grounds) for $7 a bottle, each bottle is one pound.  Austreng and Pashley also were tour guides of the hoophouse and the barn for those who were not as familiar.

Project Grill members Dakota Machtig and Austun Perl showed off their grill that they made last year.  This year they are planning to create another unique grill but this time it won’t be made out of a car.

• Innovation Design Center

Arts & Entertainment

New Show On Freeform Bases Mythical Characters on Greek Legends

• Innovation Design Center

Editorials

See You All Next School Year!

• Features

The Spring Band Concert

• Innovation Design Center

Editorials

A Student’s Analysis of Music and Social Groups

• Innovation Design Center

Features

Student Takes Initiative to Promote Autism Awareness and Acceptance

• Features

Culinary III

• Innovation Design Center

Opinion

Yin & Yang Debate: Hectic Hands

• Innovation Design Center

Arts & Entertainment

The Accidentials

• Editorials

David’s Thoughts: Stress

• Arts & Entertainment

Spring Makeup

Innovation Design Center