Main Street Memories

"Songs of the Season"

Alyssa De Fere and Avery Olafson

Avery Olafson, Staff Writer

On Saturday, December 3rd, Sheboygan Falls celebrated it’s annual Main Street Memories parade. The whole day helped spread Christmas and holiday spirit throughout Sheboygan Falls. This year’s participants including our very own Sheboygan Falls High School Choir, Band, Community Service Club, Snowmobile Club, FFA, and many more. “Main Street Memories is a Sheboygan Falls Chamber-Main Street event.  It is the kick-off to the Christmas season and serves as a holiday open house to say “thank you” to customers and clients as well as welcome those who have not been to Sheboygan Falls. Saturday was a day filled with free children’s events, sweets and treats and a variety of sales and shopping discounts. The entire day was “wrapped-up” with the holiday parade, which features beautifully decorated floats,” said Executive Director of Sheboygan Falls Chamber-Main Street, Shirl Breunig.

Saturday was full of fun all over Sheboygan Falls from the beginning to the end. As soon as people walked into town there were speakers playing christmas music to really encourage the holiday spirit. In the morning there were a series of events all around town, including: visiting santa, pony rides, carriage rides, arts and crafts, bake sales, activities at the fire station, christmas caroling and so much more. The carriage ride gave a “magical” ride throughout the town with a pair of beautiful black horses!  After the carriage ride many people stopped at the Daydream Cafe for hot chocolate or coffee to warm up after a cold ride. Walking down the street with warm hot chocolate, a cold breeze, and holiday music playing everywhere really gave the feeling of holiday joy.

Photo Credit: Ben Hiles

This amazing day takes a lot of preparation and hard work for everything to come together in the end! “I am the Executive Director of Sheboygan Falls Chamber-Main Street and manage the entire event. My specific tasks that day included, placing signage, meeting vendors, selling raffle tickets in our office, taking pictures of people enjoying the event as well as assist with the Santa Photos. I check in all units for the parade during the staging process and make sure we get going on time. I walk along the parade route wishing people a very Merry Christmas and thank them for coming. I coordinate the Community Christmas Tree lighting ceremony.  When all events are finished, I collect the signage and bring everything back to our office,” said Breunig.

At the end of the day there was one of the most favorited parts of the day, the parade. The Mainstreet Memories parade was full of familiar faces from all around Sheboygan Falls. “Many students from SFHS were involved in the parade. Students from SFHS were involved in several ways, as I had mentioned before, choral and instrumental groups perform and carol throughout the day. The Brass Group performed in the Holiday Parade as our only live music group and approximately twenty students from the Volunteer Service Club carry signs which identify units in the parade,” Breunig said.

The event has always brought holiday cheer to all people in and outside of Sheboygan Falls, from the beginning to the end. The day all seemed to come together when the parade came to a close with Mr and Mrs Claus and the fire trucks with police cars riding past. T’was a great ending to a fun day!

Photo Credit: Ben Hiles

• Main Street Memories

Arts & Entertainment

New Show On Freeform Bases Mythical Characters on Greek Legends

• Main Street Memories

Editorials

See You All Next School Year!

• Features

The Spring Band Concert

• Main Street Memories

Editorials

A Student’s Analysis of Music and Social Groups

• Main Street Memories

Features

Student Takes Initiative to Promote Autism Awareness and Acceptance

• Features

Culinary III

• Main Street Memories

Opinion

Yin & Yang Debate: Hectic Hands

• Main Street Memories

Arts & Entertainment

The Accidentials

• Editorials

David’s Thoughts: Stress

• Arts & Entertainment

Spring Makeup

Main Street Memories