Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Matt Herr, Staff Writer

Reaching Into infinity is the latest album released on May 19th 2017 by DragonForce. This album is faithful to the fast pace that fans love and at the same time adds some new music, including slower paced songs such as “Silence”: a slower, more depressing theme than a typical Dragonforce song like “Judgement Day”— another title from the album.

The full album leaves the listener full of energy and motivation, as expected from DragonForce. You can hear each note preformed fast and with confidence, there is little room for error in each and every one of these songs, and each performance shows off the main guitarist’s ability and pure skill.

Although “Reaching Into Infinity” itself was kind of disappointing, it was just a preview of what the album was supposed to be. While this did do a good job of previewing one or two songs, it definitely did not define the whole album. The song itself was slow paced and instrumental, if you were to write a review of Reaching Into infinity purely based on this preview it wouldn’t do the band or the album justice.

Another song that really surprised me was “Midnight Madness”. Within the first 30 seconds of the song I could already feel myself tapping along to the fast paced beat. This song is fun and motivational. If you were to only listen to one song from Reaching Into Infinity I would recommend “Midnight Madness”. It is my personal favorite song off the album. It is all about pushing onward and climbing the steps to victory, and although you may be blocked, there will always be a way for you to succeed. The feeling developed when listening to “Midnight Madness” leaves you with similar motivation and inspiration to the band’s most popular song, “Through The Fire And The Flames”.

• Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Arts & Entertainment

New Show On Freeform Bases Mythical Characters on Greek Legends

• Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Editorials

See You All Next School Year!

• Features

The Spring Band Concert

• Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Editorials

A Student’s Analysis of Music and Social Groups

• Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Features

Student Takes Initiative to Promote Autism Awareness and Acceptance

• Features

Culinary III

• Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Opinion

Yin & Yang Debate: Hectic Hands

• Reaching Into Infinity Album Review

Arts & Entertainment

The Accidentials

• Editorials

David’s Thoughts: Stress

• Arts & Entertainment

Spring Makeup

Reaching Into Infinity Album Review