“A Decade of Destruction” Review

Photo Credit: Download

Photo Credit: Download

Matthew Herr, Staff Writer

A Decade of Destruction is the latest album by Five Finger Death Punch (FFDP), released December 2017. This greatest hits album is a great purchase for somebody looking for everything that FFDP has to offer, but can not decide on one album in particular. The release of A Decade of Destruction is a prerelease to the band’s new album, which will be available to the public during the summer of 2018.

A Decade of Destruction comes with two new songs released along with the album. The first title to be released was used as an announcement for the release of the album as a whole. “Trouble,” the title of the song, fits the theme of Five Finger Death Punch perfectly, since the tone of the song relates to ones that their fans enjoy. The song is about being what you want to become and walking your own path. It shows the pride that this band has in what they perform and that nobody is going to make them change. FFDP has released several other titles with similar messages, however each one is unique and brings something special to the table.

The second and most recent release by FFDP, titled “Gone Away” is a lower-toned song that isn’t seen very often from FFDP. The song starts with a slow tone, talking about losing everything and everyone, and then it starts to talk about losing someone as an individual and how their life crumbles because of that. “Gone Away” starts at a slow pace and builds up as the song progresses. While the general message of the song doesn’t change, there are several different moods and emotions to the song that can be recognized throughout its runtime.

A Decade of Destruction has added some new songs to the mix, however it also points out some songs that have made Five Finger Death Punch one of the most popular metal bands today. It highlights something from each album that has been released as of December 2017. Some of these titles include; “Far From Home,” “War is The Answer,” “Jekyll and Hyde,” and Wrong Side of Heaven,” which is arguably the most popular song to date.

With A total song count of 16 titles, A Decade of Destruction is slightly larger than most FFDP albums. This album gives the listener a good feel of the band’s other albums thanks to the songs featured, but it doesn’t feature enough unique songs to stand on its own. It definitely relies on popular songs from previous albums to make up for its lack of new songs. While it definitely is not a full release A Decade of Destruction is a great album for a beginner that is looking to find a style they enjoy, or a long time fan looking for some of the top picks from each album.  

• “A Decade of Destruction” Review

Arts & Entertainment

New Show On Freeform Bases Mythical Characters on Greek Legends

• “A Decade of Destruction” Review

Editorials

See You All Next School Year!

• Features

The Spring Band Concert

• “A Decade of Destruction” Review

Editorials

A Student’s Analysis of Music and Social Groups

• “A Decade of Destruction” Review

Features

Student Takes Initiative to Promote Autism Awareness and Acceptance

• Features

Culinary III

• “A Decade of Destruction” Review

Opinion

Yin & Yang Debate: Hectic Hands

• “A Decade of Destruction” Review

Arts & Entertainment

The Accidentials

• Editorials

David’s Thoughts: Stress

• Arts & Entertainment

Spring Makeup

“A Decade of Destruction” Review