Senior Standout: Jessica Leicht

Sarah Cromwell, Staff Writer

Jessica Leicht is a student who not only stands out in our school, but around the community as well. She was recently awarded Kiwanis Student of the Month due to her community service, work ethic, leadership, and making a difference. Jessica is involved in many things, including NHS, Key Club, Talon, Yearbook, Sound & Lighting, and Spanish National Honor Society. She is the president pf Key Club. Jessica was also involved in pit band and played tennis. Jessica’s favorite memory from high school is spending time in the pit. She said, “It’s always fun to chill and hang out with people around you.” Jessica is very dedicated to her clarinet and practices as often as she can. When it is tennis season, Jessica spends lots of hours working on her technique to improve her overall performance.

While many people sleep as late as possible on school mornings, Jessica works two hours in the morning before school and two hours in the afternoon at Master Gallery as a digital media intern through the Youth Apprenticeship program at LTC. Jessica is taking three advanced classes: CAPP Psychology, AP English Literature and Composition, and AP Calculus. One person Jessica looks up to is her Youth Apprenticeship mentor. She says, “He isn’t afraid to tell you times where he messed up, in hopes that you learn from his mistakes.” At our high school, Mr. Beekhuizen has helped her the most throughout her four years. He has helped her improve her musical abilities, and he is able to give her a new perspective on life throughout the conversations she has had with him.

Jessica’s favorite quote is by Thomas Edison: “I have not failed. I just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” Her favorite movie is The Lion King. Her favorite song is “Carry On My Wayward Son” by Kansas. One thing Jessica wishes she would have done in high school was “[Take] more art classes, since I had no clue what I wanted to do until last summer. I spent most of my time taking core classes that I didn’t think about taking anything in art.” In the future, she will be attending Lakeland University to study graphic design and communication. She would like to have a job where she can put her creativity to use. Jessica has already left her mark on our school and she will continue to make a difference in the community.

Senior Standout: Jessica Leicht