Metal Band Releases Album With A New Sound

Photo Credit: Download

Matthew Herr, Staff Writer

And Justice For None is the latest album (published May 18th 2018) by Five Finger Death Punch. This album has been teased for about a year with the release of A Decade Of Destruction in December of 2017. Fans have been dying to hear what has been claimed to be a whole new Death Punch since the album was first announced. Listening to the album so far has brought no disappointment and I’m happy to say that this new change will be happily welcomed by Death Punch fans.

The main mood set by the album is all new and nothing like most of the previous albums. Listeners will notice a more aggressive emotion—put off by some songs with a defensive atmosphere. these combined elements make the listener feel like there is a war going on throughout the album. Each song represents a battle; “Fire In The Hole” shows Death Punch in a more offensive fashion, like they are bombarding their enemies with their lyrics. On the other end, songs like “Will The Sun Ever Rise” shows Death Punch waiting out their enemies and withstanding attacks from both inside and everywhere surrounding. There is extreme passion in Ivan Moody’s voice, and the album pulls the listener into the war that Five Finger Death Punch is fighting.

Fans have been expecting a new album from Five Finger Death Punch since the release of Got Your Six in September of 2015. Listeners were not disappointed by And Justice For None, the meaning behind the album being Ivan Moody’s overcoming drug addiction. The songs talk about him not wanting anything different for himself, but at the same time not being comfortable as himself and wanting to escape. The album allows both fans and just casual listeners to go through Death Punch’s struggle right alongside them.

And Justice For None has also brought the band closer together. From 2016 to 2018 the band had several internal affairs to deal with, and in 2017 the main issue was a lead guitarist (Chris Kael) and lead singer (Ivan Moody) were having several issues, including one or the other openly arguing with the other on stage or publicly denouncing the other. Their relationship had gotten so bad that they wouldn’t even perform with one another. However, after beating drug abuse and releasing the new album the band has strengthened and are back on tour.

Overall, the album was a success and fans are looking forward to the new direction that Five Finger Death Punch decided to go in. The new changes made to the theme and sound of Death Punch can lead to many new popular songs. Personally, I see the new method of performing their music as a welcomed change, and I am looking forward to and ready for future releases.

• Metal Band Releases Album With A New Sound

Arts & Entertainment

New Show On Freeform Bases Mythical Characters on Greek Legends

Editorials

See You All Next School Year!

• Features

The Spring Band Concert

Editorials

A Student’s Analysis of Music and Social Groups

Features

Student Takes Initiative to Promote Autism Awareness and Acceptance

• Features

Culinary III

Opinion

Yin & Yang Debate: Hectic Hands

Arts & Entertainment

The Accidentials

• Editorials

David’s Thoughts: Stress

• Arts & Entertainment

Spring Makeup